The UKIRT Hemisphere Survey: definition and J-band data release
Dye, S.; Lawrence, A.; Read, M.A.; Fan, X.; Kerr, T.; Varricatt, W.; Furnell, K.E.; Edge, A.C.; Irwin, M.; Hambly, N.; Lucas, P.; Almaini, O.; Chambers, K.; Green, R.; Hewett, P.; Liu, M.C.; McGreer, I.; Best, W.; Zhang, Z.; Sutorius, E.; Froebrich, D.; Magnier, E.; Hasinger, G.; Lederer, S.M.; Bold, M.; Tedds, J.A.
Professor Alastair Edge firstname.lastname@example.org
This paper defines the UK Infra-Red Telescope (UKIRT) Hemisphere Survey (UHS) and release of the remaining ∼12 700 deg2 of J-band survey data products. The UHS will provide continuous J- and K-band coverage in the Northern hemisphere from a declination of 0° to 60° by combining the existing Large Area Survey, Galactic Plane Survey and Galactic Clusters Survey conducted under the UKIRT Infra-red Deep Sky Survey (UKIDSS) programme with this new additional area not covered by UKIDSS. The released data include J-band imaging and source catalogues over the new area, which, together with UKIDSS, completes the J-band UHS coverage over the full ∼17 900 deg2 area. 98 per cent of the data in this release have passed quality control criteria. The remaining 2 per cent have been scheduled for re-observation. The median 5σ point source sensitivity of the released data is 19.6 mag (Vega). The median full width at half-maximum of the point spread function across the data set is 0.75 arcsec. In this paper, we outline the survey management, data acquisition, processing and calibration, quality control and archiving as well as summarizing the characteristics of the released data products. The data are initially available to a limited consortium with a world-wide release scheduled for 2018 August.
Dye, S., Lawrence, A., Read, M., Fan, X., Kerr, T., Varricatt, W., …Tedds, J. (2018). The UKIRT Hemisphere Survey: definition and J-band data release. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 473(4), 5113-5125. https://doi.org/10.1093/mnras/stx2622
|Journal Article Type||Article|
|Acceptance Date||Oct 3, 2017|
|Online Publication Date||Oct 9, 2017|
|Publication Date||Feb 1, 2018|
|Deposit Date||Feb 22, 2018|
|Publicly Available Date||Feb 22, 2018|
|Journal||Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society|
|Publisher||Royal Astronomical Society|
|Peer Reviewed||Peer Reviewed|
Published Journal Article
This article has been accepted for publication in Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society © 2017 The Authors.<br /> Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of the Royal Astronomical Society. All rights reserved.
You might also like
RXJ0437+00: constraining dark matter with exotic gravitational lenses
Abell 1201: detection of an ultramassive black hole in a strong gravitational lens
The DESI Survey Validation: Results from Visual Inspection of the Quasar Survey Spectra